You can authenticate your LimeSurvey admin users with their wordpress account. You need to know where it’s the wordpress config file or the database information.
The default configuration is set with : WordPress and LimeSurvey in same database, and WordPress with prefix to ’wp_’ (is the default settings with a fresh install). If it’s what you need, just try to activate the plugin.
If you need another settings, you can choose : setting by file or setting by database. The settings read the wordpress config from is directory. It can be done if wordpress and limesurvey are on the same server. You can set database information on plugin settings.
- The directory where WP is
- The directory where you install wordpress if it’s the same server. You can use path relative to Limesurvey installation or absolute path
- If the plugin found the file, you don’t need to set other settings
- WordPress DB Host
- The wordpress DB host, default is the same host than LimeSurvey, if you set DB Port or DB Name , you need to set DB Host
- WordPress DB Port
- The wordpress DB Port, default is the same than LimeSurvey, if you set DB host or DB Name is set, default is 3306.
- WordPress DB Name
- The wordpress DB host, default is the same than LimeSurvey, if you set DB Port or DB Host , you need to set DB Name
- WordPress DB User
- The wordpress DB User, default is the same than LimeSurvey.
- WordPress DB User password
- The wordpress DB User password, default is the same than LimeSurvey.
- WordPress DB prefix
- The wordpress DB prefix, default is ’wp_’.
- Check to make default authentication method
- If checked the first drop-down menu in authentification are the WordPress one
- Auto create user.
- Check to create user if it’s not exist in LimeSurvey installation. Default rigths for a WordPress user is : survey creation, using template, using labels set and have their own particants.
- WordPress administrator are set to LimeSurvey super admin
And if there are error in database configuration
When you try to activate the plugin and database are not found, the plugin don’t activate.
If after activation, there are a new problem with database, the plugin deactivate authentification via wordpress until the connection is found again.