More accessibility for your surveys > Documentation
This plugin update HTML part of question for better labeling, usage of fieldset, roles and aria-labelledby or aria-describedby.
The plugin can be tested at moreAccesibility Test website.
HTML updated globally
For screen-reader, we are inside a form, then user can move in form using keyboard and have some information about the actual position with aria and label.
- Replace the label for single question by label to the question.
- Correct the other label in single choice (radio) and multiple choice
- Add help and limesurvey generated help in aria-labelledby or aria-describeddby
- Add roles and aria-labelledby for list of answers (radio, checkbox, text and numeric)
- Add roles and aria-labelledby for arrays of answers (radio, text and checkbox)
- Optionnaly, replace the
*usage for mandatory question with the real corresponding string ( for example : “This question is mandatory”).
You can choose to use directly fieldset for list or array, but the aria way are tested in real condition.
- For RGAA validation : some totally hidden input didn’t have title or label. This input are not seen or readed in anyway.
- Map question type still not accessible
- Upload question type still not accessible
- Obsolete usage of
colelements, but this didn’t break a11y
- Obsolete usage of
summaryfor array. In form this part was not used and replaced by usage of aria-describedby and group role for each line.
- DOCTYPE used (
DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional) didn’t allow usage of wai-aria. This break html validation.
There are only 2 settings in configuration.
- Update asterisk part to show real sentence. Default is disabled then you didn’t need to update template. Best is to activate and update template according to your need.
- Add fieldset for each list and array, this disable the usage of wai-aria and template must be updated.
View online : Test website with a lot of question type